Do you have any questions? 10 Great Questions To Ask An Interviewer…
As a professional recruiter who has been working and recruiting professionals in the environmental, engineering and construction industries for over 18 years now at Webuild Staffing .
I have found these 10 questions a great way to turn the table on the interviewer, show genuine interest in the position and gain insight into the overall organizational culture of a company.
These are great must ask questions…
1. Can you describe a typical work day or week in this position?
2. How would you quantify a successful year in this position?
3. What are your goals for this position, within the overall organizational structure?
4. What are the largest challenges this position will face going forward?
5. How do you measure success? What are the biggest challenges for the organization?
6. What types of management styles do other managers within the organization have?
7. Is this a new position? If not, what did or did not make the previous employee successful?
8. Do You have any reservations in hiring me?
9. When do you expect to hire for this position?
10. What are the next steps in your interview process?
Asking these questions will help you gain additional insight into an organization, the position you are interviewing for, as well as, help shape the interviewers impression of you and you’re your interest in the position within the scope of the overall interview.
Michael DeSafey is a leading executive recruiter for professionals in the construction, engineering and environmental industries. He is currently the President of Webuild Staffing (www.webuildstaffing.com). To learn more about Michael or Follow his Blog please visit www.michaeldesafey.com